Sustainable development and responsible governance are essential elements in mining project management. Tarku diligently applies technically proven and economically feasible measures to protect the environment and the health and safety of all those involved in its exploration activities. We will uphold our commitment to social responsibility to the communities where we operate by adhering to the guiding principles of corporate social responsibility.
A collaborative and partnership approach
Our approach is to meet with the stakeholders most affected by the project in order to understand their specific needs and establish proactive communication. In keeping with its sustainable development policy, Tarku will remain transparent regarding its interests and proposed exploration work, and will comply with good business practices and standards.
Tarku extends the following commitments to local communities:
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Courtesy to people and respect for the land
- Communities will be kept informed about planned exploration work on the company’s projects
- Concerns will be heard and mitigation measures will be examined
- All efforts will be made to ensure the project is well understood
- The availability of local human and business resources will be taken into consideration
Tarku will also rigorously plan, assess and manage its projects in order to minimize any negative impacts on the environment and local communities.